Matthew 9:13 - The harvest is abundant, but the laborers are few.

Hello to all readers. My name is Chris and I am the writer for Abundant Harvest. As you can see the name for the blog comes directly from scripture, from Matthew 9:13 and also from Luke 10:2. This blog is simply an account of my experiences, and the experiences of my close friends, directly evangelizing and sharing the Gospel. And get this....we're all Catholic....What?!

This blog exists for multiple reasons. The first and foremost is to provide edification and hopefully an example to follow for all Catholics to take our Lord's words seriously and experience the joy and power that is released in sharing the Gospel to a world so in need of Christ.

It also exists to show members of and donors to Communities of Prayer, the apostolate which I am a part of and which sends out the people whose experiences I am sharing with you in this blog, that their involvement, prayers, and financial support are directly contributing to The New Evangelization which the last two popes have been calling for.

It is quoted over and over again that we should "preach the Gospel, and use words when necessary." This reference to a need for daily fidelity to our Christian way of life is very true, but there really is a need for Christians, and especially Catholics, who have the fullness of truth to share with the world, to go out and share it, face to face, with real people. Not by text, not by email or Facebook status, but by walking up to a stranger, and boldly proclaiming Christ and His Kingdom, the Church.

Do not be afraid!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm going to break this down a bit...

Ok, so after talking it over with my wife, I decided to break these evangelism outings into more bitesize chunks of information.

While it may be easier for me to just write down everything that I experience in one blog post, it certainly is not manageable for the reader. I myself know how my eyes immediately hurt when I see a huge article or blog post. I might skim it but definitely will not read for content.

So from now on, I will try to make this a more daily/weekly posting in smaller bits, rather than all at once, once a month. Praise the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment